Tuesday 13 May 2014

John Terry signs contract extension

Chelsea defender John Terry signed a one-year extension to his contract on Tuesday.

The veteran captain, who joined the Blues as a youth trainee at the age of 14, was highly instrumental at the heart of the defense last season.

And ahead of next season, the club has deemed it right to retain a defender who has netted 57 goals in 621 appearances.

Speaking after completing his new deal, Terry said: 'I'm delighted to have signed an extension to my contract with Chelsea taking me into my 20th year with the club.

'I'd like to thank the fans and club for their continued support, and the Manager who was instrumental for me the last
season.'

Meanwhile, Eden Hazard, who won the PFA young player of the year award, was named Chelsea player of the 2013/2014 season.

The Belgium international will hope to make an indelible mark at the World Cup tournament this summer.

Source: Chelsea Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air your view - and let others know how you rate this article.