Monday 3 March 2014

I almost left Chelsea - Lampard





Veteran Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has revealed how he was almost tempted away from the Stamford Bridge last year.

During last season, Lamps was intently overlooked by Blues' interim manager Rafael Benitez; but a new light was shone on him when Jose Mourinho returned - as the England international was eventually
offered a one-year extension.

Now, the 35-year-old has admitted that he grew tired of watching on from the sidelines; and he revealed other clubs showed interest. Continue...



Lampard said: "Yes, there was [a genuine possibility of leaving] because at one stage I was out of contract and I wasn't going to get a new one.

"It was the first time I had been in that situation, so I had to open my eyes to going elsewhere. But I didn't want to leave because I still have a lot to offer. If I had left I would have gone abroad, I just can't imagine myself playing for another Premier League team after such a long career at Chelsea."

Lampard is expected to play an anchor role - as an experienced midfielder, in the special one's team.

1 comment:

Air your view - and let others know how you rate this article.