Friday 7 March 2014

Late Sani Abacha's children hit out at Soyinka

World-acclaimed writer Wole Soyinka have rejected the centenary awards offered by President Goodluck Jonathan to celebrate the 100 years of the amalgamation of Nigeria - stating that the inclusion of Late Sani Abacha to such national honour, was an insult. 

Reacting to Soyinka's statement was the daughter of the late dictator, Gumsu - who took to her Facebook page to hit out at the Nobel laureate. 

She wrote: "Someone please tell Soyinka I liked his books when I was younger but that is where it ends. Today I reject his stupid, foolish insignificant statement." Continue...



Accordingly, one of the late dictator's son, Sodiq Abacha, also berated Soyinka in his open letter for criticizing successive government without giving solution or offering himself for an elective position. 

He wrote in his letter: " Sir, I believe brilliance is not perfection. I have grown and watched you  criticize regime after regime and at a young and naive age I was thinking why wouldn't this man just contest to be president so that Nigeria can be saved, I would have defiantly voted for Mr Soyinka if it would have brought an end to Nigeria's woes. To my utter surprise, I heard about your Federal Road Safety Corps' leadership and how funds where misused and a great deal of it unaccounted for. Oh my God! In the end he turned out to be just the same as everybody else were my next thoughts. My hopes for you all ended up in great disappointment."

Nigeria celebrates her 100 years of amalgamation - after Lord Lugard amalgamated the northern and southern protectorate in 1914.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air your view - and let others know how you rate this article.