Tuesday 18 March 2014

Venus Williams claims 'she has nothing to lose'

Veteran Tennis ace Venus William is more confident now than ever, after breaking her trophy drought since 2008, a source from CNN tells Visuals!

The American, who once topped the tennis rankings, won Wimbledon five times and the prestigious U.S. Open twice, had to rebuild her career after succumbing to injuries and a debilitating auto-immune disease.

However, the 33-year-old has insisted that those rocky moments provided a powerful motivation.

"I have to say I feel more confident on the court than I have in my life," Williams told CNN's Open Court ahead of the Miami Open  which starts Wednesday.

"I think it's because I have really been to the bottom, so once you get that far down and you get back up, you realize you really have nothing to lose. "

Since 2008, when she won her seventh Wimbledon grand slam, Venus grabbed her 45th WTA title at Dubai last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air your view - and let others know how you rate this article.